The Indiana Industry Liaison Group (IILG) is proud to announce a scholarship opportunity for students in the state of Indiana who are (1) individuals studying programs or classes related to the diversity/Affirmative Action (AA)/Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); or (2) individuals with work or volunteer experience for diversity/AA/EEO organizations.
The 2013 scholarship recipient will receive $1,000.
- All required documents must be submitted on or before Thursday, January 31, 2013. Incomplete submissions will not be given consideration.
- Diversity may be defined by an individual's cultural and personal differences and similarities, as well as life and professional experiences. Within an organization, diversity is created through the distinct personalities and capabilities of each individual within the group.
- Applicant must be a student enrolled in an Indiana accredited college/university degree program.
- Applicant cannot be a family member of the IILG Board or IILG scholarship committee member.
- Applicants must submit a 400 to 500 word essay in response to one of the following topics describing:
- Your personal commitment to Diversity/Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity within your community, school or business.
- Describe a time/situation where you were able to establish and/or sustain a commitment to diversity.
- Describe a time when you have taken a position in favor of affirmative action and/or diversity?
- Describe activities that you have participated in within your community that demonstrate your personal commitment to moving the communities’ diversity agenda forward.
- Applicant must submit an official college or high school transcript with their application. Electronic is preferred.
- Scholarship finalist must participate in a phone interview to be conducted in April 2013.
- Scholarship award winner will be notified on or before April 30, 2013. It is preferred that the recipient will attend the ILG meeting in Indianapolis when the award is to be presented.
- Scholarship is for the Summer 2013 or academic year 2013 – 2014 for use at an Indiana college or university program.
Individuals with disabilities needing an accommodation to complete the application may contact:
Rob Aspy - Indiana Industry Liaison Group Co-Chair - firstname.lastname@example.org
Application & Submission
Download the application and submit by January 31, 2013. Application available here.